All of our boarders receive top-notch care with daily cleaning, twice-daily feeding, and blanketing (stalls and private paddocks) already included in the cost of board! Know that whether or not you can make it to the stable, your horse's health is being well maintained.
Are you looking to sell, purchase, or lease a horse? Our expert team of trainers can help you to find the right fit, whether you need to re-home a horse that isn't right for you, or if you are looking for a perfect match in your future partner. Buying or selling a horse can be an intimidating process on your own, let our professionals help! Please contact Dave or any of the trainers for more information about buying, selling, or leasing horses.
Does your horse need to be ridden more frequently than your schedule permits? Consider letting your horse become a part of our excellent riding school program! We can help get your horse out to work as much or as little as you would like!
- Your horse gets attention, grooming, and exercise even when you can't come out.
- Your horse is only ridden under professional supervision. Have peace of mind that your horse will be handled safely and ridden correctly only by appropriate riders when you are not around.
- FREE training rides for your horse as needed to ensure they are improving from their work in the lesson program.
- We offer lessons to all levels and disciplines -- we will surely have students that will be the RIGHT fit for your horse.
Please notify Dave or any of the trainers if you would like your horse to become a part of the HCS lesson program.
Riding lessons at High Country are available in any discipline for any skill level. Our trainers have a variety of different strengths and specialties, and we are sure to have a trainer that will be the right fit for you! Whether you are a first-timer looking for a new hobby, or a seasoned veteran looking to perfect your skills, we have a trainer for you! Lessons are available any day of the week, any time of day, on our horses or yours! Lessons can be private or group, and range from $30-$45 for a one hour lesson.
High Country Stables is a great place to have a birthday party for kids age 7 and up!
Birthday parties include:
- Introduction to horse care - kids learn hands-on how to lead, groom, and saddle the horses (30-45 minutes)
- Riding time - kids learn basics of how to ride a horse: body position, steering, speed control, and trotting. Kids stay in the arena, but get to experience controlling a horse for themselves! (45-60 minutes)
Birthday Parties are 2.5 hours long, for up to 5 kids (age 7+), include one professional trainer and one assistant, and cost $250. Special arrangements can be made for younger children, please contact us for more information. Parties must be reserved two weeks in advance of the party date and must include a 50% deposit to confirm reservations.
This year High Country Stables is excited to offer TWO levels of horse camp! No matter the skill level or competitive goals of your child, we have the perfect program! Please visit our horse camp page for more detailed information, view our CAMP FLYER for information, contact Kim at (847)561-0701, or download our ENROLLMENT FORM to make your reservation today!